The objectives of the NZSA confirm that investor education is core business. NZSA is to “undertake education activities, and work with other organisations in relation to investor education.” Regular branch meetings provide guest speakers who explain share market investing, analyse past trends and advise investors on possible areas of interest for the future.
The Seminar Courses:
INVESTMENT OPTIONS AND STARTING IN THE SHAREMARKET
Starting to invest? Confused? Wanting better options?
- This course offers an overview of a range of options available to retail investors.
- The emphasis is on shares, bonds and managed funds, but also covers, property, commodities etc.
- This course will give you the basic tools and information required to get started. It includes simple strategies to build an investment portfolio including a range of common ratios used in assessing performance.
- It includes ways to assess and mitigate risk, asset allocation, typical fee structures, ways to track investments common scams and much, much more.
- The course assumes no prior investment knowledge, but is also suited for those wishing to broaden their knowledge of the available options or as a refresher.
- A comprehensive 70+ page workbook is supplied. Yours to keep.
- An independent educational and informational course presented by the NZ Shareholders Association. No sales pitches, just good advice
The next course is taking place on August 3rd in Christchurch. Click here for more details.
For the latest information on seminar courses in your area contact:
- Auckland Andrew Reding firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bay of Plenty Howard Zingel email@example.com
- South Island Frank Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taranaki Peter Coles email@example.com
- Waikato Bryan Clements firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wellington Adrian Parkyn email@example.com
Introductory Investment Videos
These are introductory videos, publicly available on the websites of NZX, and The Commission for Financial Capability – Sorted. Along with the website for the Financial Markets Authority, these sources provide independent tools and advice for the investor.
For more in-depth education videos be a member of NZSA and use your members’ pages.
Membership of NZSA gives you access to the Member’s site which contains a selection of more advanced educational videos together with some questions by which you can test yourself on the main lessons to be learned from each.
The most comprehensive glossary of financial and sharemarket terms is Investopedia. Wikipedia is also useful because it includes examples with many of its definitions. To get to Investopedia click on the link below and then enter the term you want defined into the search engine.
FMA - Shares e-book
This is an introductory guide to choosing, buying owning and selling shares. Click image to view book.
The following video(s) represent the opinions of the presenter which may or may not be those of the New Zealand Shareholders' Association Inc. (NZSA). The NZSA is not providing any financial advice or commentary in the contents contained or omitted in the video(s). The NZSA retains all copyright and other rights to the content herein.
Invested - Managing Investment Risk
Presented by Rob Everett, CEO of the Financial Markets Authority.
In this video Rob defines the different types of risk to investments and how to mitigate these.
Investing in Shares – Presented by Mark Lister, Head of Private Wealth Research, Craigs Investment Partners. In this video Mark introduces the business of investing in shares, and how to get into and out of such investments.
Presented by Mark Lister, Head of Private Wealth Research, Craigs Investment Partners.
In this video Mark introduces the business of investing in shares, and how to get into and out of such investments.
Invested - the Road to Investing - Fixed Interest Investments
Presented by Ian Cox, Head of Fixed Interest Investments for the ANZ Bank.
In this video, Ian talks about the different types of bond and the advantages of this type of investment.
Invested - the Road to Investing - KIWISAVER
Presented by David Boyle, Commission for Financial Capability, Group General Manager
A good backgrounder produced by the Commission on KIWISAVER
Invested - the Road to Investing - Shares (Equities) in 30 Seconds
Presented by Chris Swasbrook, Elevation Capital, Manageing Director
Chris Swasbrook gives a quick in-site in picking shares in only 30 seconds!
Invested - the Road to Investing - Tips for Picking Shares (Equities)
Presented by Invested - the Road to Investing - Tips for Picking Shares (Equities)
Get the low down on how it is all done
Invested - Managed Funds
Presented by Carmel Fisher - Managing Director Fisher Funds
What is a Managed Fund and how they function
Investor Education Series: Basic Investment Analysis
Presented by Christopher Swasbrook - MD of Elevation Capital
Managing Director at Elevation Capital Christopher Swasbrook talks about the basics of investment analysis.