Samantha was elected as Deputy Chair of NZSA in November 2020. Samantha is a professional director and investor with 20 years of experience in governance, CEO and leadership roles in NZ, Australia and globally, including significant experience leading industry associations with a member-centric mission – similar to NZSA. She has been a member of NZSA for a number of years and looks forward to contributing to its future success.
Current board roles include:
- Motor Trades Association Group – Sole Independent Director, Chair Audit & Risk Committee, Member Investment Committee
- NZ Institute of Safety Management – Independent Director and former Chair
- Flirtey Ltd – NZ Director and NZ Country Lead
- NZ Standards Approval Board – Member
- Museum of Transport & Technology (MOTAT) – Director
- Institute of Directors – Wellington Branch Committee
She has post-graduate qualifications in finance, law and governance and is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Directors. She won the first IOD Wellington Aspiring Director Award in 2005 and was selected for IOD’s Mentoring for Diversity Programme.
Samantha also has a First Class Honours Degree in Law and has practised as a senior commercial lawyer in NZ, Australia and the UK.